Saturday, August 16, 2008

Martin

Taking a day to just breath. Well, okay, and dring a Hair of the Dog double ipa and make sure the kid's fed, de-flea the cat, keep the yard from roasting and try to find a new ride... but as days go that's pretty mellow.

Still waiting on the grades from 2 finals taken last week, so I'm having a bit a of time chillin' out. I just found out today that Martin Fierro passed away after a short bout with cancer this spring. Between my kid and the past 2.5 years playing Warcraft, I've been so oblivious to what's going on in the world when it comes to music. I'm trying hard not to feel like it's a bit of an insult to his spirit, not having heard that he'd passed. :(

I'd seen him with a couple different bands but will always have a soft spot in my heart for the couple Zero gigs I saw at the W.O.W. Hall in Eugene during the late 80's. If you have a bud with an extensive Zero show collection, hit him up. Those were some very sweet nights.

Chi pisa la chike, Martin!

sea-otter
-------
Thanks for stoppin' by.

-Nick H.

No comments: